There has been an increase in scammers due to the COVID-19 pandemic. These irresponsible people would pose as legitimate companies, financial institutions or even governmental organisations in the hope of obtaining personal information that they can then use to further their schemes, steal money from individuals and disrupt business operations.
If you are here, you are either curious about scams, or have been on the receiving end of one too many suspicious messages from these fake accounts pretending to be us.
Here are some useful tips
- never send promotional messages on any social media platforms, be it Facebook, WhatsApp or text messages
- never ask you to pay for subscriptions, registration of accounts or participate in any form of competitions, lucky draws or investment schemes
- never ask you to reveal any private information (bank account details and passwords).
- always verify with the source (that’s us!) - contact us here and here.
- always report suspicious activities or messages to the authorities
- always safeguard your personal information.
In addition, here are our ONLY official social media platforms. Tranglo does not operate any channels other than the ones listed here.
In times like this, it is easy to lose focus amidst the tsunami of uncertainties and hoax messages. Stay vigilant and together we can combat this scourge.