(Senior level - Compliance Executive)
Summary of responsibilities:
- Oversee regulatory compliance and ensure that the company operates with integrity, adhering to all applicable governmental regulations and laws governing Tranglo’s cross-border payment services.
- Responsible for researching, assessing, and monitoring new developments of regulations/laws
- Provide guidance on proper application and interpretation of laws, regulations and policies applicable to the business and participants to Tranglo's services
- Perform gap analysis to identify discrepancies between the company’s practices and regulatory requirements. Ensure that action plans are developed, tracked, and monitored to address identified gaps.
- Facilitate and assist respective stakeholders in developing, reviewing, and updating internal policies to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Review compliance policies and other necessary policies to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements as and when required.
- Assist in regulatory reporting, submission, and regulatory matters including appointments, applications and notifications.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Oversee the regulatory compliance across Malaysia, UK, Singapore and Indonesia for (i) regulatory reporting and filing, (ii) regulatory liaison and (iii) policy development.
- Oversee the disseminating regulatory updates and correspondences, where applicable
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to offer guidance and advice on regulatory requirements that impact the organization's operations, ensuring the smooth integration of these requirements into the internal policies, procedures, and controls of the business units.
- Conduct effective gap analyses and compliance assessments to compare the organization's adherence to regulatory requirements and identify compliance gaps that need to be addressed
- Facilitate the drafting and review of the organization's policies, manuals, procedures, systems, and control mechanisms to appropriately guide stakeholders in operationalizing compliance requirements
- To provide advice, information, and guidance to business unit on all policy and standard issues in relation to regulatory compliance.
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with all stakeholders
- Ensure the timely submission of regulatory compliance reporting requirements and follow up on the completion status with relevant stakeholders to comply with regulatory reporting requirements.
- Ensure the effective implementation of the organization's compliance training program related to regulatory compliance, including the preparation of relevant training materials and ensuring timely completion of compliance training.
- Collaborate with compliance team members to generate management information (MI) that keeps the Board informed about key risks and helps develop the regulatory compliance framework for alignment across regions.
- Prepare periodical management information reports related to regulatory compliance
- At least 3 years of experience in regulatory compliance in the financial industry, preferably electronic money, digital banking, insurance, fintech, remittances services and capital markets
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in a related field, preferably in law, management, banking, finance or accounting
- Professional accreditation or certification in Regulatory Compliance will be an added advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Comfortable in presenting to both their team and senior leadership
- of deep regulatory and compliance experience gained in fintech industry, reputable law firm(s) and/or financial institution(s).
- Ability to evaluate fact situations, identify legal/compliance issues, analyse and understand statutes, regulations and recommend appropriate courses of action.
- Strong analytical, drafting, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage complex projects on a regional level.
- Willingness to take on responsibility for matters beyond core expertise.
- Ability to operate in a fast pace environment driven by deadlines
- Ability to multitask and is comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to develop strong relationships internally and externally, especially with law enforcement
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively on project teams.
Up to RM5,000 only
Location: Bangsar South, (accessible by LRT Kerinchi)