*This is a new role, you will be starting a new sub-department
Summary of responsibilities:
- Assist the Group Compliance in overseeing the regulatory compliance across UK, Singapore and Indonesia
- Responsible for researching, assessing, and monitoring new developments of regulations/laws
- Provide guidance on proper application and interpretation of laws, regulations and policies applicable to the business and participants to Tranglo's services
- Facilitating and assisting the respective stakeholders in developing, review and updating internal policies to ensure compliance to the relevant regulatory requirements
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Oversee the regulatory compliance across UK and Singapore for (i) regulatory reporting and filing, (ii) regulatory liaison and (iii) policy development.
- Disseminating regulatory updates and correspondences, where applicable
- Cooperate with various stakeholders in providing guidance and advice on regulatory requirements affecting the operations of the organisation to ensure seamless incorporation of the regulatory requirements into the business units’ internal policies, procedures and controls
- Conduct effective gap analysis and compliance assessment to compare the organisation to regulatory requirements and critically identify the gaps in compliance to address
- Assist in drafting and review the organisation’s policies, manuals, procedures, systems and control mechanisms to appropriately guide stakeholders to operationalise compliance requirements
- To provide advice, information, and guidance to business unit on all policy and standard issues
- Develop and maintain good relationship with all stakeholders
- Ensure timely submission of regulatory compliance reporting requirements and follow up on the status of completion with relevant stakeholders to comply with regulatory reporting requirements
- Prepare reports for management information
- Ensure effective implementation of the organisation’s compliance training programme, which includes preparing relevant training materials and ensuring timely completion of the compliance training
- Work with compliance team members to report on management information (MI) that enables the Board to be aware of key risks, and develop the compliance framework to align cross-region.
- At least 5 years of experience in regulatory compliance and / or AML/CFT in the financial industry, preferably electronic money, digital banking, insurance, fintech, remittances services and capital markets
- Bachelor's Degree in law
- Professional accreditation or certification in Regulatory Compliance and / or AML/CFT will be an added advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Comfortable in presenting to both their team and senior leadership
- of deep regulatory and compliance experience gained in fintech industry, reputable law firm(s) and/or financial institution(s).
- Ability to evaluate fact situations, identify legal/compliance issues, analyse and understand statutes, regulations and recommend appropriate courses of action.
- Strong analytical, drafting, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage complex projects on a regional level.
- Willingness to take on responsibility for matters beyond core expertise.
- Ability to operate in a fast pace environment driven by deadlines
- Ability to multitask and is comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to develop strong relationships internally and externally, especially with law enforcement
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively on project teams.
- Malaysians Only