Compliance Assurance and/or Regulatory Compliance
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan and conduct regulatory compliance review to assess level of compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidelines (AML/CFT as well as other non-AML/CFT regulations) mandated by local and overseas regulators such as Bank Negara Malaysia which may affect Tranglo operations.
- Develop test/review program and execute review within the agreed timeline.
- Assess the risk level of exceptions identified and communicate effectively with the related Business Functions/stakeholders.
- Follow-up on compliance issues identified in compliance review to ensure appropriate corrective actions are implemented accordingly and track them to closure. Verify the corrective actions for adequacy and appropriateness prior to closure.
- Provide regulatory compliance support, guidance and advice to Business Functions in regard to regulatory changes and updates.
- Coordinate with the dedicated Compliance Officer of the respective Tranglo entity and disseminate regulatory changes (BNM/MAS/BI/FCA) to Business Functions/stakeholders at least on monthly basis.
- Assist in coordinating gaps analysis on regulatory changes with the relevant Business Functions/stakeholder and track action plans to closure.
- Keep track of reply/notification/correspondence from the relevant Business Functions/stakeholders to the relevant regulators’ circulars or correspondences.
- Assist to roll-out changes to Regional Compliance Standards to Business Functions and complete gap analysis and track actionable items to closure.
- Prepare compliance reports to Group Compliance or any other relevant stakeholders and assist in reporting to Group Compliance and to Senior Management, any material or significant compliance breaches or potential breaches of regulations.
- Liaise with Group Compliance with regards to regulatory examinations or reviews.
- Provide recommendation or resolution to issue(s) highlighted.
- Conduct compliance training to the relevant Business Functions/stakeholders to improve their understanding on governing regulatory requirements. Update compliance training materials, as appropriate.
- Degree/Master professional qualification from recognized universities
- At least 1-2 years working experience in the related field; solid understanding in AML/CFT compliance or Regulatory Compliance audit review in financial or related industries
- Knowledge of payments, money services business, or other related financial services operations.
- Good technical knowledge on AMLCFT and regulatory compliance and industry compliance leading trends and issues.
- Very strong understanding of audit processes and review methods.
- Good understanding of regulatory guidelines governing the payment services/ Money Services Business industry or other related financial services.
- Possess an inquisitive mind-set and a willingness to learn new things.
- Ability to apply problem solving and decision making skills.
- Possess appropriate technical know-how in dealing and analysing data to facilitate review process / approach.
- Good writing and ability to present issues and propose resolution approaches to management.
- Good command of English and Bahasa Malaysia.
Location: Bangsar South, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia