Assistant Manager/Manager, Compliance Transaction Monitoring
To drive development and enhancements of the Company’s Transaction monitoring program, using trending and results of analytics,
To understand Tranglo's AML risk and drive efficiencies and enhancements to the Company's business model and risk tolerance.
The Compliance Manager of transaction monitoring will partner with the Business Analytics /Operations/ IT team, customer due diligence, AML Program Management team in ensuring that the day-to-day operations are executed in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements, in addition to company policies and procedures.
He/she is also responsible for leading a team of transaction monitoring in the day-to-day execution of transaction monitoring
- Ensure day-to-day transaction monitoring are conducted in compliance with regulatory and the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Oversee the real-time transaction monitoring for sanction names and other internally set monitoring rules
- Undertake AML investigations and file STRs
- Perform detail analysis of transactional activity to identify unusual/suspicious activity based on AML red flag / typologies knowledge.
- Undertake ongoing AML monitoring and EDD case review, Source of funds/wealth documentation
- Responsible for review and recommendations for revisions to Tranglo’s transaction monitoring procedures, and review of procedures to ensure alignment to Tranglo's AML Policy including the expansion of transaction monitoring requirements and standards that correlate with Tranglo's business model
- Thoroughly and succinctly document the research and analysis related to the financial activity and related entities for an audience that includes: - Regulators - Internal Audit - Relationship Managers - Senior Managers and - Internal Compliance
- To perform surveillance activities to detect Money Laundering/Terrorist Financing (“ML/TF”) activities through the bank’s transaction monitoring system
- Conduct independent research and analyze data on transaction surveillance alerts using various internal and external systems and databases.
- Utilize pertinent information and ensure appropriate documentation of the rationale for closure/ escalation of the transaction surveillance alerts.
- Work closely with the team for alert clearance and constantly being aware of new ML/TF trends and threats to the company
- To continuously improve the quality of alert review and ensure work meet deadlines.
- Communicate with internal entities, including senior managers and other Tranglo AML monitoring units to ensure findings are incorporated in all aspects of the AML control program
- Meet or exceed quality, productivity and timeliness goals.
- Participating in business projects and new product evaluations related to Periodic Transaction Review
- Analyzing and improving the operational processes and recommending solutions to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with key stake holders, regional, and country Compliance, Operations and Technology
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for the team of analysts.
Skills and competencies:
- KYC and CDD/EDD experience, including good understanding of various corporate structures
- General and broad understanding of key AML and reputational risks, including PEPs and Sanctions.
- Knowledge of international and regional AML laws and regulations and FATF recommendations
- Understanding of emerging markets and high risk industries
- Understanding of cash management products and correspondent banking.
- Excellent communications abilities as a communicator, including top-drawer written skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills
- Significant attention to detail
- Ability to work simultaneously with multiple conflicting priorities, timelines and stakeholders
- Commitment to co-operative and collaborative working
- Practical ability to apply and communicate legal and regulatory requirements to day-to-day activities.
- Excellent judgment and assessment skills; proactively employs personal curiosity to identify and research parties using a risk-based approach.
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to accept new assignments/project and challenges
- Monthly reporting to the management
- 4-6 years years’ work experience directly related to complex and sensitive investigations, or any combination of AML, fraud, financial irregularities, etc.
- Strong experience in transaction monitoring.
- Prior team management experience.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. MBA degree desirable
- Knowledge of AML/CFT regulations and trends. ICA/ACAMS certificate desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Comfortable in presenting to both their team and senior leadership
- Ability to articulate thoughts in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment driven by deadlines
- Ability to multitask and is comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to develop strong relationships internally and externally, especially with law enforcement
- Proven leadership skills
- Malaysian Only